It was in 1936 that Mercedes-Benz 540K was introduced after the first 500K was launched 2 years earlier in 1934. The alphabet ‘K’ stood for the word “kompressor” (in German this means a supercharger).
From 115 HP (in 500K) power was raised to 180 HP in 540K. With increased engine bay area and an extended 12” wheelbase compared to her successor the 500K, this Mercedes-Benz 540K gave the impression of elegance and royalty.
Even the interiors were plush and the best of craftsmen were used to build her body at Mercedes-Benz’s own Sindelfingen factory while few chassis were sent to a well known coach builder called Erdmann & Rossi.
Over 400 cars were made in 4 years until production ended in 1940. Even until today they are the most sought after cars in vintage car shows.
A metal collectible in scale 1:18 and 1 of 1000 pieces made.