Originally an American made product the Isobloc brand and the manufacturing rights were brought over from Gar Wood Industries Corporation by a French businessman.
By modifying the design and installing French made 4 cylinder, 6.8 litre Panhard diesel engine (therefore the model name 6.4.8DP by inserting the number 4 of the cylinder between the 6.8), Joseph Besset launched this product at the Paris Automotive Show in 1938. With 44 seats and extra luggage carrying capacity, this bus became a runaway success in France. For a brief period production was halted after the World War II and the same resume.
They were made with the Isobloc badge until 1959 after which Saviem (France) who brought over the firm from Joseph Besset, rebadged and sold the same.
|Dimension (Inch) Approx||11 x 3 x 5|