J. Walter Christie an engineer as well as inventor decided to collaborate with the Front Drive Co. in New Jersey to put an end to horse drawn fire tenders (engines).
In 1911, they built their gasoline powered tractor that was attached in the front to the pumpers that sprayed water. Other Fire companies found this to be an effective vehicle to combat fires as it could reach faster and also carry more apparatus. These were made until 1918.
|Dimension (Inch) Approx||7 x 5 x 2.5|