In the annals of Volvo history, one of the trucks that will always do proud is the F88.
Sweden with her Arctic climate always made products that could survive her harsh conditions. The Volvo F88 came up at a time when the management was looking out for more export sales. The original idea was to develop the truck exclusively for the North American market, but later it was dropped to cover other countries across the world, excluding USA. So Volvo had to take various factors into consideration to build up a truck that can appeal to the entire world.
Several innovations were thought upon and put to use,
- for better accessibility to repair & service engines, the driver’s cab could be tilted, unlike its competitors whose cab were fixed types
- the cab offered space for 2 drivers to have bunk style beds at the back
- in crash safety test the F88 outperformed her competitors
- a more powerful engine was provided
- driver’s seat had better ergonomics that would allow the driver to do more longer runs without tiredness
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: ZAMAC (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Moving wheels|
|- Non-opening bonnet and doors|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||10 x 3.5 x 5|