After the division of Germany into the East (DDR) and West (BRD) post WW II, a new model called the Sachsenring P240 evolved out of the Horch 240 in Zwickau (East Germany).
Produced during the years 1956-1959, this car model attracted the attention of politburo boss Walter Ulricht who wanted a car that would equal West Germany’s Mercedes-Benz 220. After her launch, this model competed with the Czechoslovakian made Tatra 603 in COMECON states (an umbrella organisation for trade between communist countries in Eastern Europe) for the title of the best luxury car. East Germany’s President and all other top communist bosses used this car in large numbers.
But at the same time the Sachsenring P240 was having frequent mechanical failures. So, the Soviets (who then had a considerable say in the internal affairs of East Germany) took the opportunity and got the production of P240 model stopped. This step also helped the Soviets to introduce their own produced luxury models in to the market.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: ZAMAC (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Non-opening model|
|- On plinth (platform base)|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||6 x 3 x 3|
|Color||Blue / Cream|