The Porsche 356 when first built in Austria in 1948 was Dr. Ferdinand Porsche’s first car offering post the World War II. This 2-seater car with a mid-mounted air-cooled flat 4-engine had its production then moved to Germany in 1950 and labelled the Porsche 356 Type 1. Five years later after some improvements in the engine, the Porsche 356A was launched. The 356 became so famous that they continued to be made for the next 15 years.
Since the traffic movement on autobahn (highway) had increased, it was being difficult for the Police to catch speeding offenders. And so a decision was taken in 1963 by the North Rhine-Westphalia Police (NRW) to purchase the Porsche 356A. An order for 40 of these was immediately placed. This step was a success and soon orders to Porsche followed from the police departments in the Netherlands and Switzerland.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: ZAMAC (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Non-opening model|
|- On plinth (platform base)|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||6 x 3 x 3|