Smaller payload trucks with 2-3 ton capacity were preferred during the World War years as they moved faster and could do quick turnarounds.
Keeping this in mind, Mercedes-Benz went on to build a diesel truck, Lo 2750 where the initials Lo stood for 'Lastwagen omnibusse' which mean trucks and buses (in German). The figure 2750 denoted the payload capacity, in this case was 2.75 tons. Over 3500 of these were made until 1936.
It was in 1934 after Mercedes-Benz started their racing division (Rennabteilung, in German) it was felt that they should also have trucks that can be used as transporters to carry parts, mechanics, etc. to European racing venues such as Monaco, Monza (Italy), etc.
Mercedes employed a number of trucks that were essentially mobile work-stations and/or transporters. They were all painted in Mercedes blue colour and each truck was individually numbered, such as this transporter, # 7.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: ZAMAC (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Non-opening model|
|- Only 750 pieces created|
|- Removable top|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||10 x 4 x 4.5|
|Theme||Racing - F1 / GP|