Made primarily for the Wermacht (Central Command) of Nazi Germany, the Mercedes-Benz G4 (W31) was a 3-axle off-road car that was designed to seat 7 adults. Only 57 were produced for 5 years starting from 1934.
With a large 5.5 litre engine, these cars were extensively used by Hitler and his top brass for travelling in to Austria and other regions that were under Nazi occupation. Few cars were even fixed with rear spotlights so that an enemy that was a chasing a car can be blinded temporarily.
Though hardly any survive in its original form (as most are modified) the only 'close to the original car' belongs to the Spanish Royal Family who purchased it from General Franco and gave it to Mercedes-Benz to restore. It took Daimler Benz about 4 painstaking years to restore it after looking into the original blueprint designs.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: ZAMAC (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Moving wheels|
|- Non-opening bonnet, boot and doors|
|- On plinth (platform base) and plexiglas hard-display case|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||7 x 3.5 x 3|
|Theme||VIP and Royalty|