Maserati’s sole intention to develop this model was to participate in World Championships and win few races. It saw opportunity in 1954 when competitor Alfa Romeo withdrew from the 2.5 litre category.
To do this, they first hired Alfa Romeo’s engine designer Gioacchino Colombo into their rolls. Next was Ferrari automobile designer Valerio Colotti. Both began their work on the Maserati 250F.
A multi-tubular frame was used for the chassis to offer rigidity, then the DeDion suspension was modified to be placed in front of the trans-axle. Under the bonnet was a 2490 cc V6 engine. To add to it’s aerodynamics, the tail of the car was designed to be a large size fuel tank that could carry about 200 litres of petrol.
The first two cars that participated in the 1954 Argentine Grand Prix race created history with Argentinian Juan Manuel Fangio behind the wheels of one car. Sir Stirling Moss also drove a Maserati 250F throughout the 1954 racing season.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: RESIN|
|- High precision miniature models|
|- Non-opening model|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||14 x 7 x 6.5|
|Theme||Racing - F1 / GP|