The Krupp company that made trucks moved its production from Essen to Kulmbach before the World War II to escape Allied bombing. As the Krupp company was involved in major arms production, the firm changed its name to "Südwerke" just after the war ended. They used this name until 1954.
Bi-level deck (also known as 1-1/2 decker) buses* were becoming popular in Europe. Developed first in 1949 by Gebr. Ludewig GmbH, Essen, the Ludewig brothers lowered the chassis at the rear and added a second deck behind for a second row of seating. The brother made use of the Krupp SW O 480 model, giving a completely new meaning to bus body making.
This design caught the fascination of American coachbuilders and two years later it could be seen with the launch of Greyhound Lines Bus (Scenicruiser model).
The Ludewig brothers also customised one of the models and labelled it ‘Aero’. This scale model is a representation of this 'Aero' model.
* Anderthalbdecker, in German
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: RESIN|
|- High precision miniature models|
|- Non-opening model|
|- Rare bus collectible|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||14 x 6 x 6|
|Color||Red / Cream|