Berkeley Cars (a division of Berkeley Coachworks) were already making microcars in the mid-fifties making use of motorcycle engines that ranged from 350 cc to 700 cc. They came up with several models having 4-wheels - Sports (SA322), Sports (SE328), Sports and Twosome (SE492), Foursome and models B95 and B105.
Then in 1959, they decided to make the T60. This was created so as to circumvent the then existing law of having mandatory driving licenses for all types of cars. This 3-wheeled microcar could be driven by a person carrying a motorcycle license.
With a 2-stroke twin cylinder 330 cc engine from British 2-wheeler maker Excelsior, the Berkeley T60 became quite popular within the country. Its popularity soared because two people could comfortably sit with enough space for shopping bags. Attempts to export them abroad failed and the firm Berkeley cars could manage to produce less than 2000 cars as by this time the firm closed down due to financial mismanagement.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: RESIN|
|- High precision miniature models|
|- Non-opening bonnet, boot and doors|
|- Exclusive Edition models|
|- On plinth (platform base) with plexiglas hard-display case|
|- Only 333 pieces created|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||7 x 3 x 3|