After World War II, Europeans were seeking low-cost transport cars. BMW borrowed the designs from the Italian firm ISO, redesigned the engine with a single cylinder, 4-stroke, 247cc hp engine and launched their first microcar called Isetta in 1955.
RAC (Royal Automobile Club) that began operations more than 100 years back was formed to assist members of the Club with any roadside assistance in case of a breakdown in entire Great Britain. Today the Club is owned by Insurance firm AVIVA.
RAC in 1960 purchased six of these BMW Isetta's to move in congested areas and carried a can of petrol, heavy-duty battery, medical kit and a tool box.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: ZAMAC (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Non-opening bonnet, boot and doors|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||3.5 x 2 x 2|