Purchased by Devon General in 1934 with Fleet No. 210, was one of the 24 A.E.C Regent with Short Bros. 52 sear double deck bodies.
In the early years of the war, 210 was converted to run on producer-gas. In 1948 the original body was rebuilt by Portsmouth Aviation and ran until 1955 when it was converted to open top for the summer seafront service.
Withdrawn from service in 1960 after 26 years with Devon General, the grand old lady was sold to Thomas Bros. of Port Talbot for further use on seafront services in South Wales. The livery changed to cream and blue and the bus was named "The Margam Belle". Withdrawn again from service in 1966, OD 7497 passed into the hands of preservationists and was restored to the original Devon General Livery. 32 years of passenger service remains a tribute to the A.E.C. marque which itself was the victim of rationalisation and disappeared in 1979.
The British Leyland owned AEC (Associated Equipment Company) Open Top buses were popular in London and other cities.
These buses gave uninterrupted views during sightseeing a city or places of historical interest.
|- Premium collectible|
|- Licensed product|
|- Material: Zamak (zinc alloy), Rubber and Plastic|
|- Moving wheels|
|- Non-opening bonnet, boot and doors|
|- 1 of 5000 pieces made|
|Box Dimension (in inches)||5 x 2 x 2.5|